Baby massage has many benefits for both parent and baby and has been practiced in cultures around the world for hundreds of years. Furthermore, studies from around the world have shown that it reduces post-natal depression and can improve mother/baby relationships. What will you get from coming to one of my courses?
Baby Massage Benefits for your baby
- Helps your baby to feel securely attached
- Helps your baby to feel more loved, valued and respected
- Reduces crying and emotional distress
- Increases levels of relaxation and longer sleep
- Development of body awareness and coordination
- Relief from wind, colic, constipation and teething discomfort
Baby Massage Benefits for you
- Feel closer to your baby
- Gain a deeper understanding of your baby’s behaviour, crying and body language
- Provides an enjoyable opportunity for you to spend one-to-one time with your baby
- Feel the relaxing effects of giving your baby a massage
- Increases confidence in your ability to care for and nurture your baby
- Learn a life-long parenting skill
- Meet other new parents
Why should you choose this baby massage course?
Your course will be delivered by a qualified experienced instructor, certified by the International Association of Infant Massage , therefore allowing you to ask questions and get support during and after the sessions.
The IAIM was founded in 1986 and has the aim of promoting the benefits of baby massage to the Western world. Most notably the curriculum is approved by the Royal College of Midwives and the Complementary Therapists Association. Most of all I will teach you much more than just the basic massage routine. In addition to the standard massage strokes, the curriculum covers touch, movement, relaxation, interaction and communication with songs and rhymes to create a fun and interactive class.
Why not book your place on a Blissed Out Babies course and discover the many benefits of baby massage